Monday, March 2, 2009

New York!

Ross had a great idea to take a spontaneous trip to NY, just the two of us while the kids were with their other parents over the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday.  We had a blast!!  We flew out on Friday on the red eye, and flew back late Monday night.  I was able to see parts of NY that I hadn't seen before, and we were able to eat some awesome food!  Since he served his mission there, he was able to show me around Brooklyn and Queens, places that aren't as tourist-y as a lot of the places in Manhattan.  We had a fabulous time, it was a great idea hunny!


Jami at Central Park

Ross in Battery Park with a view of the Statue of Liberty


Ross outside of The Plaza Hotel

He will DIE when he sees I put this on here, but it's hilarious!  We went to FAO Schwarz and this was in the Harry Potter section, it's the sorting hat!!

When our kids found out we were going to the huge toy store from the movie Big, they were so excited to see if the piano was still there.  We didn't wait in line to play on it, but took pictures for the kids.  Imagine, for only $250,000.00 you can have one of your own!

All out of Lego's!!

We were walking down the street, surrounded by buildings and all of a sudden Ross says look up, so I looked up and this is what I saw.  It was the angel Moroni on top of a building with a steeple on one corner!  It was so crazy to see that there in the middle of all these buildings.  If you didn't know what to look for, you'd miss it!





1 comment:

Bec said...

Jami! OMG, I just about thought you had died. =( So glad to see you've been out and about having fun vacations and the works! I love New York! Hi to Ross as well... I miss you guys!